integrated software suite
state-of-the-art interface for controlling one or more playout channels connected via TCP/IP
easily mix various resolutions, codecs and file formats in a single playlist
powerful and reliable
play to SDI or stream to IP, insert live feeds, add overlays and control multiple external devices
single application to control playback and commercial insertion on multiple channels
run multiple playout channels on a single server or even in virtual environment
Multi-Channel Playout Server and Broadcast Automation Software
Delivering a channel is complex – with many interconnected elements costing money, requiring management and needing maintenance.
Cinegy Air simplifies these challenges being able to run many channels with flexibly configurable features in a single unit – the unit being local, physical hardware, a virtual machine or a cloud instance.
Cinegy Air can be configured to deliver H.264 and HEVC streaming output along with SDI and SMPTE-2110, as well as AC-3 encoding, optional Emergency Alert System (*), Nielsen watermarking(*) and Cinegy Titler (*) channel branding. All forming one integrated software solution that is flexible and scalable to meet current and future requirements.
Cinegy Air is the logical next step in the evolution of broadcast automation and video servers.
Gone are the monolithic black boxes, replaced by TCP/IP network-attached real-time service appliances. Cinegy Air provides a broadcast automation front-end and a real-time video server for SD, HD, UHD and/or 8K playout, in an integrated software suite.
Designed to meet the most demanding requirements, Cinegy Air effortlessly succeeds where so many others fail. Cinegy Air can be used to control multiple channels playing to air or to plan schedules, program and commercial blocks offline. Multiple remote or local users can control the schedule and playout operation.
Cinegy Air offers unparalleled flexibility by playing mixed format and mixed resolution content, as well as un-rendered edit sequences straight to air. Insert a logo or overlay from the same central automation panel, and control external devices with powerful, configurable secondary events. Simulcast output via SDI, NDI and/or IP streams for ATSC/DVB or web usage. SRT support for secure delivery and reception over WAN and Internet.
Advanced CG & Branding and subtitle insertion (Teletext, DVB & CC) is available as option or included in the package when you choose the right version of Cinegy Air.
Cinegy Air Versions
Cinegy Air comes in three flavors:
- Cinegy Air – all the features – Cinegy Titler CG/branding and Cinegy Subtitle inserter optional
- Cinegy Air PRO – all of the above + Cinegy Titler CG/branding option included
- Cinegy Air ULTIMATE – all of the above and one channel of Cinegy Subtitle included
Flexible and Scalable
Cinegy Air provides a software-based system for SD, HD, UHD and/or 8K playout automation using standard IT server hardware and certified SDI video cards. It performs video layout by acting as a TCP/IP-connected video “printer” offering its services in a network. The Cinegy Air broadcast automation software connects to the playout service and instructs it what to “print” to air and when.
The Cinegy Air product consists of two elements: a control panel and a playout engine. Cinegy Air control panel provides a state-of-the-art interface for controlling one or more playout channels connected via TCP/IP. Cinegy Air PRO playout engine executes the playlist provided to it and renders video and audio to air. It also sends real-time video stream feedback to the control panel interface, eliminating the need for video monitors as well as SDI cabling and routing.
Cinegy Air supports multi-channel playout, including simultaneous playout of several playout channels which can be controlled by a single Cinegy Air control application. Multiple instances of Cinegy Air playout can run on one powerful machine transforming it into a playout server broadcasting multiple independent channels. Cinegy Air playout channels can also be set up to stream programs live without requiring additional hardware or software.
Cinegy Air can be easily turned into a cart wall / trick mode playout for news, sports, reality show and other live operations. A/B roll, chain, slow-motion, loop and bounce playback is all supported and can be controlled with the Cinegy Studio software control panel, via RS-422 compatible devices using 9-pin protocol or even GPI triggers. In a live news production environment, Cinegy Studio can be connected to a Cinegy Archive integrated newsroom solution and used to control up to 4 independent playout engines along with Cinegy Titler graphics and Cinegy Prompter teleprompting software. Cinegy Studio can be integrated into a 3rd party MOS-based newsroom solution such as ENPS, Avid iNews, Octopus or Annova Systems, so it will automatically download the rundowns via the Cinegy MOS Gateway tool.
Cinegy Air upholds a high level of fault-tolerance and high-availability, while providing all the advantages of centralized storage. Playlists for individual channels are stored locally in the corresponding playout server in XML format while a background service is caching and conforming the video material on the playlist. Cinegy Air playout engine only plays media direct and uncached from the central storage when it is added in a few seconds before going to air. For each Cinegy Air channel one or more slave channels can be defined, all of which will play frame accurately the same media as the master, ensuring reliable failover if ever needed.
Cloud & VM Compatible
Cinegy Air can run in a VMWARE ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer virtual machine (VM) and is available on Amazon Web Services Marketplace and Microsoft Azure as well. Running Cinegy Air playout in a VM has many advantages including better hardware utilization, instant deployment of additional channels, much easier migration and inexpensive high-availability clustering. As SDI cards cannot be virtualized but may still be needed and where they cannot be replaced by RTP or UDP streams via IP, the SDI I/O is done via Cinegy Encode, which performs RTP to SDI conversion and vice versa.
Traffic and MAM Integration
Cinegy Air can work completely stand-alone or in concert with media asset management, archiving and traffic solutions. Cinegy’s MAM solution, Cinegy Archive can be fully integrated with Cinegy Air, as well as a number of leading 3rd party traffic solutions. Media, metadata, placeholders and graphics elements will seamlessly migrate into the Cinegy Air playout schedule from Cinegy Archive or a 3rd party traffic system.
(*) = Emergency Alert System (EAS) requires supported external receiver hardware (see specifications), Nielsen watermarking license provided by Nielsen, Cinegy Titler is an additional option for Cinegy Air, or included in Cinegy Air PRO and Cinegy Air ULTIMATE.
- Output in SD, HD, Ultra HD (4K) and 8K
- Run up to 16 channels in a box or virtual machine
- Control multiple channels over network
- Mix different codecs and resolutions in one playlist
- Output to SDI, NDI and IP in SD, HD, UHD and 8K simultaneously
- Stream to network in MPEG-2, H.264 or HEVC
- SRT support for incoming and outgoing streams
- Automate commercials opt-out via SCTE 35 and SCTE-104
- Switch to incoming SDI, NDI and RTP feeds
- Play while ingest
- Real-time automatic up/downscale
- Up to 64 audio channels per playout
- Integrated AC-3 decoding and encoding
- Automatic media caching from network
- Mirroring for redundancy
- Integrated CC decoding (608/708)
- OP42/47 subtitles support and pass-through
- V-Chip and AFD support
- EAS messaging
- Static or animated logo insertion
- 3rd party SDI router control
- Logo and animation overlay
- A/B roll, looped and slow-motion playback
- MOS integration with commonly known news system (ENPS, iNews, etc.)
- External control via RS-422 (‘9-pin protocol’) or GPI
- Dynamic channel branding with Cinegy Titler
- Automatic failover switching with Cinegy Stream Switcher *
- 3rd party traffic integration with Cinegy Traffic Gateway *
- Scheduled recording with Cinegy Capture *
- Advanced metadata management with Cinegy Archive *
* Requires a dedicated product or license option.
Supported TV formats:
- 8K up to 60fps
- Ultra High Definition up to 60fps
- High Definition 1080p, 1080i, 720p
- Standard Definition PAL and NTSC
Support for NDI input and output up to UHD
SRT support for input/output streams
Supported codecs and file formats:
- DV and DVCPO
- DVCPRO HD
- XDCAM EX
- XDCAM HD 422
- Avid DNxHD (optional)
- Apple ProRes 422
- MPEG-2 Long-GOP
- MPEG-2 (up to 1080i 4:2:2)
- MXF OP1a
- MXF AS-03/11
- Windows AVI
- QuickTime MOV
- Windows Media
- JPEG, PNG and BMP Images
Supported SDI and SMPTE 2110 I/O boards:
- AJA Kona & Corvid series cards for SDI and SMPTE 2110 IP
- Blackmagic Design DeckLink and Intensity series
- Various Deltacast cards for SDI and SMPTE 2110 IP
Control for external device and services:
- Cinegy Route (IP signal management)
- Cinegy HTTP Data Repeater Event plugin
- Common GPI/O Device
- BlackMagicDesign Videohub SDI router
- Evertz SDI router
- Guramex SDI router
- Imagine / Harris SDI router
- Kramer SDI router
- NVISION SDI router
- Utah Scientific SDI router
- VikinX SDI router
- Cavena subtitling control
- Screen subtitling control (available via Screen)
Cinegy Emergency Alert System (EAS) gateway supported devices:
- TFT 911
- SAGE ENDEC 3644
Cinegy’s real-time playout server, multi-channel broadcast automation and branding software for scheduled, studio, news and live operations
You can learn more about Cinegy Air here:
- Cinegy Air product documentation
- Cinegy Air system recommendations
- Running Cinegy Air PRO in Amazon Web Services cloud (video)
- Try Cinegy Air PRO on AWS now
Watch video tutorials on Cinegy Air: